Friday, December 31, 2010

artisanal la round-up




I'm a little tardy in posting this, but just couldn't let it pass by unacknowledged. After picking up all sorts of gifts and goodies at Unique, my fellow foodie friend Sherri and I made our way down the block to Artisanal LA's Holiday Pop Up Shop. Focused on boutique edibles, we happily sampled our way through the vendors.

Crust by Stephanie Jayne was a definite standout with killer apples pies and a divine Fleur de Sel Caramel Tart (pictured). As Stephanie and I said to each other in unison: pie is the new cupcake.

I also picked up some habanero and champagne garlic mustards by SoNo Trading Co and yummy preserved figs from Cottage Industry.

But my absolute favorite had to be the savory deliciousness being sampled by Cast Iron Gourmet. Two words for you: Bacon Chutney. Served up with pimento cheese, it was heaven on a cracker. I was devastated that they had run out before I had the chance to snap some up. But if you're in LA on Saturday, ease yourself into 2011 by popping by the Eagle Rock Brewery and picking up some bacon goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment